Thermal Watch is an initiative by Citizen consumer & civic Action Group, a non-profit, non-political, professional organization working since 1986 towards protecting citizens’ rights in consumer and environmental issues. We strive to promote good governance including transparency, accountability and participatory decision-making.
- To raise awareness and reach out to wider audience of stakeholders by demystifying and disseminating information on the various aspects related to administrative and environmental processes and regulations and laws in the EIA Process pertaining to thermal power projects.
- To disseminate information related to energy, environment and thermal power plants using media tools – website, newsletter and online forum.
- To train and build capacity and develop a network of local communities and NGOs in the EIA Process so as to enable them to monitor and mitigate the negative impacts of existing TPPs and share best practices.
- To advocate proper implementation of mandated procedures pertaining to transparency and accountability from Government Agencies to be followed in the EIA Process.
- To provide professional advice to affected communities on the legal, economic and technical aspects of the EIA Process